Friday, February 1, 2019
8:00 am Registration and breakfast
9:00 am-4:00 pm Lecture and lunch served
Topic: COMPOSITE ARTISTRY. Mastering Posterior Techniques for Direct Composite and Real World Cosmetic Dentist
Venue: Edina Country Club, 5100 Wooddale Ave, Edina
Direct posterior composite are the most requested performed procedures. Dr. Bassett will clear up the confusion of techniques ranging from incremental filling to bulk fill technology These procedures are based on proven adhesives, advanced composite materials and new technology. The contacts are morphological precise and the restorations are undetectable. Systematic and practical techniques will be presented to treat every aspect involving veneers, crowns, and implant restorations. State-of-the-art, real-time digital design with composite prototypes and porcelain will be linked to 3D prosthetic planning with fundamental smile design principles.
Dr. Bassett will cover case presentation strategies that offer realistic patient expectations as well as a checklist for careful patient and laboratory communication. These techniques will increase treatment acceptance, and can be used to both prevent and remedy failures.
The cases presented have been published in national peer-reviewed journals. There is something for everyone to learn in this presentation.
– Understand tooth preparation, c factors, and techniques necessary to achieve predictable bonds to enamel and dentin, while minimizing post operatory sensitivity.
– Learn how to use sectional matrices and how to obtain proper interproximal contours.
– Master the techniques of posterior composite placement with bulk fill technology.
– Knowledge of real-time digital smile design for both provisionals and porcelain.
– Understanding distinctive steps to identify and address difficult clinical situations.
– Systemized techniques to treat simple to complex cases with veneers, crowns and implants.
Bassett, J. To Bulk Fill or Not to Bulk Fill…That is the Question, Dental Economics, August 2015, Vol. 105 #8, Pgs. 60-61
Bassett, J. Posterior Composite Resin Restorations. Inside Dentistry. 2011; 7(7)
Bassett, J. Digital Design: Predictability, Profitability, and Efficiency, Dentistry Today, January 2016, Vol. 35 #1, Pgs. 122-126
Bassett, J. Predictable Tooth Replacement in the Aesthetic Zone, Dentistry Today, March 2014, Vol. 33 #3, Pgs. 76-83
Bassett, J. There is More to Front Teeth Than Looks Alone: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, Compendium, October 2010, Vol. 31 #8, Pgs. 604-612
Bassett, J. Esthetics Built to Last: Treatment of Functional Anomalies May Need to Precede Esthetic Corrections, Compendium, February 2014, Vol. 35 #2, Pgs. 118-122
She is a recipient of the Lucy Hobbs award for Clinical Expertise, Volunteer Dentist of the Year award for Arizona CASS dental clinic and has received the Give Back a Smile volunteer service award twice.